Natural Addiction Treatment Products

Natural addiction treatment products to get rid of obesity, excess weight, overweight, diabetes, acne, skin diseases,meth, alcohol and other addictions.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Meth and Teeth

stn -
   My meth-using daughter has perfect teeth, so far. I know she knows that meth is really bad for your teeth, she always says "no big deal I can always get false teeth" she probably thinks she isn't going to live long enough for her teeth to go. Lately she has been buying Sensodyne toothpaste. Has anybody else done that? I know that her teeth are probably the least of her worries, but sometimes I find myself obsessing about it, I mean this kid has a set of teeth people would kill for.

She is 21 and I think she has only ever had 1 or 2 cavities and one was in her baby teeth. As a mother you are so used to being able to take care of and protect your child. There are things you can do and things you cant. You take them to the doctor and the dentist. You make sure they get good nutrition. You encourage them in their interests, you teach them right from wrong.

When they get older and are using meth everything just gets crazy for them and as a mother you feel like you have been hit by a giant bolder, the constant worry nearly consumes you. I have gone to counselors and most of them say "let go" "move on" "live your life" but for so many years she was my life. She was my only child for 7 1/2 years and then I had my second daughter. How do I just move on? I hurt all the time. I try to reach out to her but she would rather I stay away. I don't know what I am trying to say here. I started with the teeth and I just started to vent. Thanks for listening


Lorrie -
   My question about teeth and meth has always been do the teeth rot because of poor brushing habits or because of the meth?

Annette -
   My husband has bad teeth because of meth, he brushed daily, actually he tweeked out on brushing...it was crazy. But now, they are so bad, let her know that getting false teeth isn't real easy, he has no dental, so they are quoting to him about $5,500, by the time its all said and done. My teeth in back are bad, the ones in front are pretty good, so I'm taking care of them...I've had a few pulled in the back... Maybe with her buying the
sensodyne  toothpaste, it is making her realize what she is doing... Just take it as a positive...ya know what I mean..? I know its hard..just pray maybe she is taking a look at herself.. Take Care..

stunned -
  I think another reason that tweekers have trouble with their teeth is b/c of the sugar addiction they develop, unless they are lucky enough to stay constantly high. If not, if there is any lapse in use, most meth users crave sugar-y foods. 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home